As a professional roleplaying game (RPG) designer, I have written for or contributed to the development of various settings and game lines, but I specialize in religion, esotericism, and mythography in game design, world-building, and storytelling. Representation of the numinous — the sacred, the holy, however one interprets or names it — and its role in society and culture have a valuable contribution in fantasy and speculative fiction, and I draw on historical belief systems and practices in my design and development work. I have been featured on a podcast and I was a panelist in one livestream discussing these issues:
- Panel, “Religion in science-fiction,”Fading Suns Heretical Musings (April 12, 2020)
- Interview, “Religion in Mage,”Mage: the Podcast (Nov. 9, 2019)
I have written for a number of publishers, including White Wolf Publishing and Holistic Design, Inc., in the earlier part of my career, with recent work for Ulisses Spiele and Helmgast AB.
- “Et in Arcadia Ego,” revised edition for KULT: Divinity Lost (Helmgast AB, 2021). This has been performed as an Actual Play (podcast playthrough) by Red Moon Roleplaying (2021–2022).
- Fading Suns, 4th ed. (Ulisses Spiele), various contributions:
- approximately half of the “patron saints” in the Character Book (2021)
- Ur-Obun species material in the Character Book (2021)
- other material is forthcoming
- “In a Sacred Manner: Ur-Obun,” for Fading Suns, Children of the Gods: Obun and Ukar (Holistic Design, 1998)
- “Pentateuch,” in Weird Places, for Fading Suns (Holistic Design, 1997)
- World of Darkness: Sorcerer (White Wolf, 1997)
- “Subtle and Quick to Anger: Eskatonic Order,” for Fading Suns, Priests of the Celestial Sun (Holistic Design, 1997)
- “Den of Vipers: House Decados,” for Fading Suns, Lords of the Known Worlds (Holistic Design, 1997)
- Celestial Chorus Tradition Book, for Mage: the Ascension (White Wolf, 1996)
- Halls of the Arcanum, for Mage: the Ascension (White Wolf, 1995)
- “Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull,” for Indiana Jones and the Golden Vampires (West End Games, 1995) [no relation to the 2008 film]
- “On Wings of Eagles,” Dragon #233 (TSR, 1995)
- The Inquisition, for Vampire: the Masquerade (White Wolf, 1994)
- “Et in Arcadia Ego,” for Kult (Pyramid, May 1994, no. 7)
References and a complete list of publications are available upon request.